intimates

Plays Well With Others...

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Winner
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
E-mail me at: longhorntwice -at- hotmail -dot- com... All writings and photographs on this blog are my work. Give credit where credit is due.
daily polaroid
singleton muses






more singletons



My Amazon.com Wish List
Site design by:
Bonafide Style


Feb 27, 2006

A Headboard For The Ages...Or Until I Can Afford The Bed I Really Want
This weekend, I undertook a project that I have been talking about for months now. I made a headboard. For real! From scratch! It's a padded headboard, covered in chocolate velvet which exactly matches my curtains...But rather that just talk about it, how about I show you?

Like the buttons?? There's a secret there...They are actually doorknobs!! (And there are two rows of them.)



And the kitties did some modeling...



This morning, the kitties were understandably exhausted from all their hard work building the headboard and then modeling for this blog...

posted by Ty @ 2/27/2006
8 Comments:
At 9:31 AM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is a GREAT bed design. love the colors. and the cats complement them well ;)

 
At 9:57 AM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Ty said...

Thanks! It's hard to tell but the walls are pretty much the color they look like...it's called Ultimate Khaki which is sort of a greenish khaki, and they go great with the chocolate. And the curtains...I need to take a pic with the bed and curtains int he pame picture...Love. It.

 
At 5:54 PM, February 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's so awesome! Its like Trading Spaces meets Martha Stewert!

 
At 7:29 PM, February 27, 2006, Blogger Lindsay said...

Damn you're good :)

 
At 8:48 AM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Ty said...

Thank you, thank you...{deep bow of appreciation}...

Shamr0x,
Yes, that is where the duvet AND the fabric for the headboard came from! My curtains are chocolate velvet curtains from Ikea, so to match the curtain, I just bought another set, and cut one up to make the headboard! :) The next bed I buy will be one of the glorious huge, four poster with a canopy frame types...Unfortunately, I think it would overwhelm my bedroom now...but this bed isn't quite done. It still needs a shelf (from Ikea) that will be hung above it with some of my photos framed on it, and a long leather bench at the foot. Can't wait to have the room done! It will be so yummy! :)

 
At 8:50 AM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Ty said...

oh, and the doornobs were actually a friend's idea! She's a designer...She also helped me figure out how to hang the darn thing! :)

 
At 11:52 AM, February 28, 2006, Blogger Lindsay said...

hey now... DONT take any credit away from yourself!!! My preggo butt is living through you and your ability to still bend over and do DIY projects :) I am so proud of you and your brave thought process!
hugs~

 
At 8:48 PM, March 03, 2006, Blogger X said...

Looks like you did an excellent job. I would say something about the colors, but I just found out today my car isn't green after driving it for over a year (I'm colorblind).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home