intimates

Plays Well With Others...

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Winner
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
E-mail me at: longhorntwice -at- hotmail -dot- com... All writings and photographs on this blog are my work. Give credit where credit is due.
daily polaroid
singleton muses






more singletons



My Amazon.com Wish List
Site design by:
Bonafide Style


Jul 19, 2006

Traditions
Took the Aggie to a birthday dinner last night. Snuffer's. I asked him repeatedly if that was all he wanted, and that we could go somewhere a touch nicer if he wanted. (He suggested Del Frisco's with a devious grin, and I told him that was fine, but I was taking his present back if that's where we went...) Then he informed me that he has developed a new tradition in the past few years, where he just gets the best burger he can find and has a couple beers. After careful consideration and sufficient prodding, I determined he was not doing this to be nice to my pocketbook, he really did want a burger. So that is where we went.

Now, my birthday tradition for years and years was to go to Benihana. My family started going there when I was just a little kid. But in recent years, the service and show have slipped a little. So last year, we went to Abacus. One of the best restaurants in the city. I could stand having that be my new tradition. His burger tradition made me feel a bit gluttonous, though.

What do you do for your birthday? Is it a quiet dinner at home, a fancy dinner with family, a good burger?
posted by Ty @ 7/19/2006
5 Comments:
At 2:07 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

benihana used to be our tradition too but we also noticed that they have taken a downward turn.
we now go to Japon in Plano,it is fabulous!

 
At 2:40 PM, July 19, 2006, Blogger Ty said...

hmm, might have to look into that...although if my choice was Japanese hibachi or Abacus, I might have to give Abacus another whirl...man that was good...

 
At 9:39 PM, July 19, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty Much,

Baby Dolls.

-JG

 
At 8:16 AM, July 20, 2006, Blogger Unknown said...

For the last couple of years, I've done Red Lobster with my parents the evening before (Dad would be WAY uncomfortable in most of my favorite places) and cocktail hopping with my best friend and gay husband on the actual evening.

 
At 7:34 AM, July 27, 2006, Blogger Ty said...

Great to have you hear Adriana! Red Robin is a fun place! That's perfect with kids involved!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home