intimates

Plays Well With Others...

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Winner
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
E-mail me at: longhorntwice -at- hotmail -dot- com... All writings and photographs on this blog are my work. Give credit where credit is due.
daily polaroid
singleton muses






more singletons



My Amazon.com Wish List
Site design by:
Bonafide Style


Aug 18, 2005

Doesn't He See This Could be a Media Nightmare in the Making?


I have been quiet about my political opinions for a while now. Pretty much since the election, but for those of you who are new to my site, I am an independent. Lower case “i”. I do not like to affiliate with any party. I tend to lean left on social issues and right on fiscal ones. I will tell you straight out, I do not like our president. It is not that he is a Republican, it is simply that I don’t like his politics, and even more so, the way he handles himself. He is the leader of the free world, yet he takes month-long vacations (and his last vacation was just in April, I might add) and goes to bed at 9pm. What is this? A part-time job?
But, that is one thing, then to have said he couldn’t meet with a grieving mother—or let’s even forget that part--a citizen and war protester, because he had to “go on with his life”?? As though he doesn’t care about our troops and their families, and he has to get back to vacationing? It is infinitely disrespectful. I think this expresses so clearly why I dislike our president.
posted by Ty @ 8/18/2005
4 Comments:
At 11:15 PM, August 18, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I support your opinion about the whole month long vacation. For a while I have felt that the president has not taken the war and its repercussions serious enough. This long vacation may be a good indicator of that.

At first I supported the war because of possible terrorists and WMDs. But after serving in Iraq in the Marines, things just dont add up.

Looking back now I believe I was wrong, there was no real WMD threat. And very few terrorists were Iraq natives after 9/11. More came from countries that are our allies (Saudi Arabia.)

I apoligize for the extra comments, I didn't plan on going off like that.

But your are right, how much time would it take to apoligize to a grieving mother.

In the mean time, I guess I will fantasize about a vacation. I seriously cannot remember taking one since I was a little kid.

 
At 7:52 AM, August 19, 2005, Blogger Ty said...

First of all, thank you for admitting you could be wrong. There is far to little of that going on right now. Second, please, comment as long as you like...go off, my friend, go off!! The more discussion that is raised the better.

 
At 6:46 PM, August 20, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

I feel the same as you--predominantly independant...socially liberal, fiscally conservative.

Bush missed a huge and might I add fabulous and important PR opportunity. It's simple...walk out, handshake, hello, I'm sorry for your loss, but I believe in the mission. This would say two things: he still believes we should be there, and he's not an incompetant ass.

Instead, he's saying that he no longer thinks they should be there and that he is incompetant. It's pure-D cowardice and damaging to his image.

And that he's on vacation is bunk. He's the president...that's a 24-7 job. Personally, I've always thought that the only thing he was really good for was a drink.

And he doesn't even do that anymore.

(Wow...I really ran my mouth off this time didn't I???)

 
At 7:20 PM, August 22, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are right about he vacation thing. I'm sure he is bothered about stuff all the time, but I don't think any of us really know what he does with his time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home