intimates

Plays Well With Others...

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Winner
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
E-mail me at: longhorntwice -at- hotmail -dot- com... All writings and photographs on this blog are my work. Give credit where credit is due.
daily polaroid
singleton muses






more singletons



My Amazon.com Wish List
Site design by:
Bonafide Style


Nov 9, 2005

Smile of the Day #7
I almost forgot this smile of the day! And it was the best one in a long time!

When I turned on my TV this morning, the very first words I heard (which would also be the very first words I heard from anyone today) were, "Democrats won in both hotly contested gubernatorial races yesterday, in New Jersey and Virginia." Ahh, sweet words whispered in my ears...I could hear them over and over again...Take that Bushie!
posted by Ty @ 11/09/2005
1 Comments:
At 7:36 PM, November 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say this, and I don't mean to be antagonistic, but Republicans will be saying the same thing in 8 years when whatever Democrats are in office are driving everyone nuts and Republicans start winning political seats again.

This party-in-power backlash has been going on for decades. It happened with Jimmy Carter, Bush Sr., Clinton, and Bush Jr. (that's just in my 34 years) - and it'll happen with whomever the next folks are.

We're just not designed to jump on board with one president and support him or her indefinitely. That's boring and goodness knows, America likes it's drama.

I remember back in college we all loved Bill Clinton, then thought he was a total ass in later years. We scratched our heads and wondered why we voted for him a second time. Funny how that works!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home