intimates

Plays Well With Others...

Official NaNoWriMo 2005 Winner
My Photo
Name:
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
E-mail me at: longhorntwice -at- hotmail -dot- com... All writings and photographs on this blog are my work. Give credit where credit is due.
daily polaroid
singleton muses






more singletons



My Amazon.com Wish List
Site design by:
Bonafide Style


Feb 16, 2006

Dance Trance
Ooophf...Ever read something and feel like you just got hit in the stomach? I just did. Swirly Girl said the following,

Today's a Jamiroquai kinda day. Dance your fool head off and be impressed with the bass lines (but not in this song in particular).


Remember that video? His energy and pure freedom? That feeling of standing in front of your bedroom mirror, hairbrush in hand, singing every word--even the ones you don't know--and dancing like you are on stage at Madison Square Gardens and every step is perfect?

I realized this morning, I haven't woken up with that feeling in a long time. Not since my birthday at least, and before that, I have no idea. I used to. I used to feel that way in the mornings. Now I just try to sleep every last minute I can, and fly around my house racing to get to work reasonably on time. What happened to that feeling? That random day when I would wake up giddy to get going?

I really need to find it again.
posted by Ty @ 2/16/2006
1 Comments:
At 10:24 AM, February 16, 2006, Blogger swirly girl said...

I LOVE that feeling. I have a whole set of songs I rotate in the morning to get me to that feeling. Jamiroquai just happens to be a fave in that rotation.

Hope you find that feel soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home